To plan and implement a sales strategy for Aspermont clients and agencies to maximise revenue across all products and platforms. This is a highly senior sales management position, across market leading print and online brands. The Sales Director must have considerable experience of print and online sales as well as producing integrated multi-platform innovative programmes.
The Sales director is responsible for selling all Aspermont products to the nominated key clients. The Sales director is also responsible for managing all sales staff.
This is a key strategic role, offering the opportunity to work on the growth of Aspermont. The Sales director will be instrumental in achieving this goal, working on sales strategy and product development as well as daily responsibility for ensuring the sales team achieve target. Working closely with the General Manager, Managing Editor, Editors and Digital teams this role will focus on the delivery of the targeted revenue and product strategy.
The Sales Director will also be expected to collaborate with the General Managers of other Aspermont offices and sales staff of other Aspermont offices to develop group wide revenue opportunities as appropriate.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Develop complex and high level relationships with key customers and proactively promote all products to maximize revenues and promote a positive reputation for Aspermont.
- Develop new business key customers
- Ensure that sales staff are trained, motivated and developed to deliver sales and performance targets.
- Keep abreast of market knowledge and competitor activity to identify common threads and key drivers in order to proactively develop a sales strategy to optimise revenue in accordance with sales strategy.
- Develop sales plans and provide accurate forecasts to ensure that performance targets are met and exceeded.
- Develop and monitor budgets and implement changes where necessary in order to maximise profitability.
- Liaise with all other departments to ensure that the optimum marketing activities are in place to achieve the sales targets
- Proactively drive through product development initiatives in liaison with editorial and publishing to ensure maximum revenue from the market.
- Strong sales ability & demonstrated track record of success
- Experience of print and online media sales
- Proven track record combining individual platforms in to integrated programmes
- Ability to build constructive professional relationships with key clients and key people
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Producing and delivering presentations
- Writing business proposals
- Ability to motivate and manage performance across teams of people and a wide range of products
- Ability to write, work to and present sales plans
- Highly organised and proactive approach
- Can be relied upon to achieve excellent results with little need for oversight
- Display a desire to aggressively grow revenues and prepared to make recommendations to the General Manager and Managing Editor about how to achieve this
- Uses confident and professional demeanour to influence others and gain acceptance
If being at the heart of driving the success of a highly ambitious and innovative company is the role for you contact Adri Zwick, HR, for further information.
Please forward a covering letter and CV to:
HR - UK