The primary role of the Aspermont Board (Board) is the protection and enhancement of long-term shareholder value. The Board is accountable to shareholders for the performance of the company. It directs and monitors the business and affairs of the company on behalf of shareholders and is responsible for the company’s overall corporate governance.
The company is committed to a governance framework using the Australian Securities Exchanges (ASX) Principles of Good Governance and Best Practice Recommendations. Full details regarding the company’s corporate governance framework can be obtained from the corporate web-site at www.aspermont.com.
The company has complied with all the best practice recommendations of the ASX Corporate Governance Council unless otherwise disclosed in the most recent annual report.
A company should lay solid foundations for management and oversight
The company has developed a Board charter that determines the functions reserved for the Board and those delegated to executive management. The Board charter includes executive appointments, strategic direction, monitoring performance, risk management, approval of business plans and budgets and any other matter impacting business direction and shareholder interests.
Executive responsibilities are clearly defined through job descriptions, delegated authority guidelines and monitored through regular performance appraisals.
Company Code of Conduct
This Code formally states our commitment, as a Company and its individuals, to conduct our business in the following manner with fellow employees, customers, business partners and stakeholders. Adherence to the Code, in letter and in spirit, means that:
- We will conduct ourselves with honesty and integrity.
- We will treat our customers, the public and fellow employees with courtesy, respect and fairness.
- We will respect our differences in the workplace, value the principles of equal opportunity and will maintain a safe work environment that is free from discrimination, bullying and harassment.
- We will look after the Company’s best interests by strictly adhering to procedures and policies of the Company.
- We will comply in all respects with laws, regulations and industry standards in the performance of our duties.
- We will treat information regarding the Company, employees and customers with respect and confidentiality.
- We will perform our duties diligently and use Company resources for legitimate business reasons, ensuring the best outcomes possible for the Company at all times.
- We will protect the confidentiality of intellectual property and information belonging to the Company and disclosed to us in the normal course of business.
- We will ensure our personal, business and other outside interests do not conflict with our duty to the Company. This would encompass, but not be restricted to, the receipt of personal benefits which may affect our business judgement, or additional employment which may adversely affect our duty to the Company.
Where to Seek Assistance
There may be instances where there are concerns about ethical issues or possible breaches of this Code. These can be discussed with your Manager. If reporting to your Manager is impractical, please raise the issue with a member of the Executive team. The Aspermont Executive is fully committed to the Code of Conduct and will treat any issue in strict confidence.
Consequences of Breaching the Code
Aspermont takes the commitment to the Code of Conduct seriously. Any breach of the Code will be investigated and may lead to disciplinary action up to and including dismissal at Management’s discretion. Additionally where any breach contravenes relevant laws you may be personally liable for the consequences of the breach.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Our businesses are part of the communities in which they operate and we recognise our responsibility to manage the impact of our business on those communities.
To be successful, we need customers and suppliers who want to do business with us, employees who want to work for us and investors who want to buy our shares for their long term value.
Aspermont’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) policies are integrated into our core values and culture and are fundamental to the way we do business around the world.
This is because CSR is integral to sustainable shareholder value. We must manage social, ethical, environmental and other non-financial drivers so that we can build a stable and resilient company.
Further information about Aspermont’s CSR policies, practices, performance and reporting can be obtained by contacting email@example.com.